This service has been temporarily suspended.
If you are homebound without access to the library, we can set up your own personal selection and delivery service of library materials. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 518-765-2791 x 232.
This year, why not make a promise to yourself that can relieve stress, broaden your horizons, and improve your memory and focus? Make a reading promise, any promise you choose, start on any date!
Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
• Commit to reading a little every day — even fifteen minutes – try to make it to 100 days straight.
• Vow to read aloud to your children every day. Can you make it through one whole month, or two?
• “Read with your ears” using audiobooks. Listen to a book via the Libby app in your car. (Yes! It counts!)
• Read a magazine at the library; check one out or read a magazine online via the Libby app or Flipster app. (Yes! It counts!)
• Read the New York Times online for 15 minutes. Get free access using your library card. (Yes! It counts!)
• If Graphic Novels and Comics are your thing, that counts too!
To accept our challenge, use our calendar to track how long you can keep your Reading Streak going. Update us with your progress using the #VOORPLReads hashtag on social media.